Monday, August 2, 2010

A View From Creekside

Hi all! I would like to welcome everyone to the official blog of the
Captina Creek Watershed.  I hope that by checking in on this site
regularly you will gain an appreciation for the creek and its natural 
resources.  Feedback on the posts is encouraged. 

This picture was taken in July of 2008 near Armstrong Mills.  I usually
post recent photos but this oldie is one of my faves.  I enjoy this
segment of the creek for its diverse tree composition and songbird
population.  The banks are lined with Black Walnut (Juglans nigra),
Yellow Buckeye (Aesculus octandra), Eastern Hemlock (Tsuga canadensis)  
and even Butternut (Juglans cinerea).   The trees on the south bank
shelter the nearly verticle rise in elevation off the creek floor.

More to come... 

No comments:

Post a Comment